I am a passionate hostess and am always happy to welcome guests to our home. Since my mother worked as a waitress, setting the table nicely and polishing the silver cutlery was just part of the job at home. This influences me to this day. I would therefore like to share my tips and tricks for a stylishly laid table. When we had visitors last time, I prepared a chocolate fountain with fruit skewers for dessert (by the way, this ensures a WOW effect every time, without much effort).
Tips for a stylishly laid table:
- Less is more: We all know the over-decorated tables, where the decoration takes up more space than the food served. It is therefore important to reduce to the essentials. In addition to the essential components, I usually leave it at flowers and/or candles – without any excitement.
- Color combinations: Like the over-decorated table, a table that is too colorful also has an effect – unless of course this is the concept of the whole thing, e.g. children’s birthday party, carnival – it quickly becomes restless and overloaded. Therefore, I would always come up with a color scheme for the table decoration beforehand and choose the corresponding decorative elements in the desired colors.
- Everything can, nothing has to: while my mother is a fan of tablecloths, I usually don’t do much with them at home. That’s why I prefer to use table runners and decorative placemats.
- Clean cutlery/plates/glasses: What seems obvious is often not. Too often I have had unclean cutlery, plates or glasses on the table in the restaurant. Since this can sometimes almost spoil your appetite, it is important to pay attention to it.
- Serving: It is not only the table itself that should be designed in an appealing way, a beautiful concept can also contribute to a successful meal when arranging the food. Therefore, the same applies here, rather not overloading the plate and decorative serving bowls and Co. make every meal a feast.