The summer brings us hot temperatures and who doesn’t loves to eat some ice cream to cool down. Therefore, I want to present you my recipes for homemade stracciatella and chocolate ice cream today.
Both ice creams I have prepared with the help of the Krups Perfect Mix 9000 Ice cream maker ice machine, more on that later. Of course, it works with any other ice maker also without ice machine I have not tried the recipes yet.
Recipe: stracciatella ice cream
- 250ml whole milk
- 100g sugar
- 450ml double cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- chopped 60 g dark chocolate
- Heat the milk in a saucepan. beat sugar and eggs until fluffy in a bowl.
- Slowly add the hot milk into the bowl of sugar-egg mixture.
- Pour the whole mass in the saucepan and heat until it thickens.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Cream and vanilla Stir.
- Chilling time for at least 12 hours.
- Then the mass can be slowly incorporated through the filling hole, as the chocolate chips when the ice reaches a nice consistency found.
This recipe is based on the basic recipe from Krups.
Recipe: chocolate ice cream
- 400 ml milk
- 100ml double cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 80g sugar
- 100g dark chocolate
- Boil the milk.
- Egg yolks, sugar and cornflour mix until the mixture is light.
- The hot milk into the mixture.
- let chocolate to melt a little in the pot.
- Fill mixture into the pan and heat until the chocolate has melted and the mixture thickens.
- Allow to cool and mind. provide 12 hours cooling.
My opinion on the Krups Perfect Mix 9000 Ice cream maker
I was allowed to borrow the ice machine from Krups and test them. It was the first ice machine at all, which I have ever used. However, the instructions enclosed was very easy to understand and in detail, so that nothing went wrong.
The assembly of the few components is slightly out of hand and is well described with pictures. The cleaning after the ice cream is easily and quickly done, since the machine consists of few parts, which can be easily cleaned.
The cooling component must be cooled before the ice cream at least 24 hours in the freezer at -18 °. This is also the disadvantage of this machine, so you have 36 hours to know beforehand that you want like to make ice cream. Since the cooling vessel for 24 hours has to be cooled and then the mass is to be provided again 12 hours cooling. So spontaneously thus does not happen gelato. However, this is the case for home in other ice machines. would keep me this terrible. Because the taste of ice cream with fresh ingredients is not comparable with purchased Supermarkteis with mostly artificial flavorings. Also, the creativity knows no bounds when it comes to flavor compositions. However, I personally love more classic taste places like vanilla and chocolate and am probably not so keen to experiment.
so an ice machine is really a great gadget for ice cream fans and cook friends. I have also already produced ice cream without the machine, this was, however, too compact, although I have stirred repeatedly.
So the conclusion is positive, as easy handling and cleaning. Likewise, the many supplied recipes. Negative is only to evaluate the long lead time. Maybe I’ll buy myself next summer an ice machine.
Do you provide your own ice? Do you have some experience with ice machines?
* The product was provided me once for this test available for loan.