Dear lovelies, tomorrow is Halloween not only but also to this occasion I cooked a delicious pumpkin soup. There are thousands of recipes with quite extravagant ingredients, but do you know what? I like it totally uncomplicated and undisturbed. Therefore, I would like to share with you my recipe, enough for about 4 small or 2 large portions of this deliciousness and it is super easy to prepare.
- 350g pumpkin of your choice (450g – 500g before preparing)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 350ml vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100ml half cream (coconut milk for some exotic or vegan)
1. Remove pumpkin seeds and other “innards”. Cut the pumpkin into slices and remove the skin. Chop the onion, press garlic. Cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
2. Heat a bit of olive oil in a pan. Now steam pumpkin pieces with onions and garlic briefly for 3-4 minutes, while constant stirring it.
3. Add the broth and simmer for 20-25 minutes with medium-level lids.
4. Pour the soft boiled pumpkin pieces & Co. with the aid of a bar mixer or a boil mixer.
5. Pour the puree with the cream. Add some pepper and curry and serve.
The soup can be varied with the use of coconut milk instead of cream, which also fits wonderfully to the curry powder. If you prefer it less exotic, simply leave the curry powder away.
Some extra flavor will bring pumpkin seeds on top and also a small dab of cream looks very pretty. Especially in the colder season I love to enjoy a soup for dinner.
Why pumpkin is healthy?
“With an average of 25 kcal / 100 g, the pumpkin is a low-calorie vegetable, the content of the potassium and iron is a significant one.” Pumpkins with orange-colored fruit pulp have a high content of carotenoids, which also give color to the pulp Are particularly valuable thanks to the high content of vitamin E and essential fatty acids. ” (Source: Gesundheit.gv.at)
Do you like pumpkin or pumpkin soup? Which dish is your favorite?