For me, the ultimate Christmas biscuit classic is definitely the Mailänderli. Because even as a child, Mailänderli were simply part of Christmas and I was always happy to be able to help cut out the biscuits. Reason enough to share my favorite recipe for these fine biscuits with you.
- 125 g butter (soft)
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 300 g of flour
- 1 yolk
- Whisk the butter, sugar, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat in one egg at a time and continue beating until the mixture becomes pale.
- Grate the lemon zest and add it.
- Now add the flour and knead everything into a dough. Then let it rest in the cold for 2 hours.
- Roll out on a little flour to a thickness of 7 mm and cut out the biscuits. Put the yolk on it and refrigerate the cookies for another 15 minutes.
- Then bake the biscuits in the center of a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.